Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Latest buy: WFC


With the markets skyrocketing towards their all-time highs, it becomes harder and harder to find quality businesses for reasonable prices. That said, I stick to the plan: Saving a large portion of the money I make and buying solid companies every month, build a solid portfolio while I'm still young and reap in the rewards later.  Let compounding do the heavy lifting for me.



Today's buy:

  • 43 shares of Well Fargo & Company (WFC) @ $35.14


This purchase will add $43 to my annual dividend income.

During the financial crisis, WFC slashed its dividend to strengthen its balance sheet. The company has been raising its dividend since 2011 again. Before the dividend cut, WFC raised its dividend consistently every year:











http://dividata.com/stock/WFC/dividend

I still have enough cash in my broker account for two more purchases, though I think I'm gonna wait till March to deploy that capital. I read WMT has been a bit troubled lately, the near future might be the time for me to initiate a position in it. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for reading, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment